Saturday, March 29, 2008

CREW MEALS (LIFE AFTER GINILING)


I did mention last time that I was tasked to reform the Farm kitchen. I made a menu worth two (2) months so it will take another month before we eat the same thing again. Not bad from what used to be a giniling affair every single day. Ugh. Just the thought of it makes me nauseous. Anyway, here's what the crew had for lunch last March 15. I taught the "cook" how to make white sauce for the pasta. It does take time for people to get used to eating pasta without rice, but there's no stopping the gardener from eating his with warm rice. *slaps forhead* There's a long way to go, I guess. Anyway, we also had really cold and succulently ripe mangoes and strawberries for dessert.

The last two (2) photos was lunch last - hmmm, my memory fails me - Sunday? I think. For the first time, we decided to grill our food to wean the "cook" away from the cooking oil and frying. I bought block charcoals which didn't need gasoline to light. And it takes an hour or so before the embers go off. 8 pieces of charcoal is already good for 2-3 kilos of meat. Very cost efficient! Anyway, we had inihaw na liempo (pork belly). I also made mango salsa with italian seasoning and virgin olive oil; served chilled. Yum!

1 comment:

undiscussablerealms said...

yummy! :)

dylan, do you want to join the essay writing contest? please check out my blog.