Tuesday, May 29, 2007

RAGE, RAGE AGAINST THE DYING OF THE LIGHT

Last Sunday while doing grocery at Super 8 (yes, I’m starting to find ways to save more), I came across this woman who was reaching out for a bar of soap. Nothing wrong with the picture except that she’s been at it for 5 minutes or so – without moving.

She was just standing there, transfixed, her eyes blank.

It was unnerving.

It was more unnerving when I realized that I’ve had the same experience a few months back after Mom’s sudden death. I would just find myself staring at nothing – at work, on the bus, on the train. I would cry over the most unusual things like the Rainbow Connection song that my neighbor plays everyday. Then again, most people I know cry over that song.

I guess it does take some time to move on. I will laugh and smile when the circumstance calls for it, but it doesn’t mean I’m doing the same inside me. Does coping mean putting up a front? Methinks that would be unfair to friends and family who do try to help you go through the ordeal.

Fight back, Dylan. Fight back. Try to be worthy of the love being given you.

No comments: