Friday, August 22, 2008

CURRENTLY PLAYING

Come In From the Rain (Words & Music by Melissa Manchester & Carole Bayer Sager, 1975; Recorded by Melissa Manchester, 1983, on "Greatest Hits")

Well, hello there, good old friend of mine,
You've been reaching for yourself for such a long time;
There's so much to say, no need to explain,
Just an open door for you to come in from the rain.

It's a long walk when you're all alone,
And someone like you will always choose the long way home.
There's no right or wrong, I'm not here to blame,
I just want to be the one to keep you from the rain,
From the rain.

Bridge:

And it looks like sunny skies,
Now that I know you're all right.
Time has left us older, but wiser -- I know I am.

And I think of us like an old cliché,
But it doesn't matter, 'cause I love you anyway -
Come in from the rain.

Repeat Bridge:

And it's good to know my best friend has come home again;
'Cause I think of us like an old cliché,
But it doesn't matter, 'cause I love you anyway -
Come in from the rain, come in from the rain,
come in from the rain.

No comments: