Friday, December 14, 2007

UHM...



First of all, I’d like to congratulate my dear friend, Jerome, for finally receiving his circa-1950s Pearl River TLR. Only God knows how much he got it for (and in great condition at that) so I expect to be one of the first to be shot with this old, er, new toy of his. I already am scheduled to be shot at the side door of the San Agustin Church, that beautiful door that is facing a lonely street in the Walled City. Hmmm, what to wear, what to wear, what to wear.

Anyway, as a sort of present for me this Christmas, Jerome said that he read in the LOMOMANILA forum that there’s a shop in RFC (that old smelly mall near my place) that sells vintage lomo and stuff at very low prices. Wenonamangayon, ‘di ba?! As I do not know Adam from a Leica lens, everything would just look old cameras to me. Somebody daw got a lc-a (that’s a lomo cam; I’ve seen some photos it makes. They are fantastic!) from there for only Php 1,500. I don’t know if I should be excited. Anyway, Jerome said whoever bought that was “pakshet, a lucky son of a beech!” I guess Jerome really meant business. He further texts, “Hay naku. Join in the addiction! Php 1000 for a lomo cam? 4K for a vintage TLR? Ugh.”

Mapuntahan na nga! All this craze over old Russian cameras is making me dizzy.

Anyhoo, on related events, I would like to ask for forgiveness from Ruby for missing out on all of her activities with LOMOMANILA. Sorry talaga. Busy-busyihan ang Lolo mo. In fact, I haven’t even hanged out with the Jeromes for over a year now or thereabouts. Some friends I haven’t seen in years. Text text na lang, ‘ika nga.

This blog sends its wishes of good luck to Maui as she competes in the Asian Idol in Jakarta! Yipeekayee! You go, girl! Show them the stuff Pinoy singers are made of! (UPDATE: Talo si Maui).

Here’s an FYI. Merriam-Webster Dictionary has declared WOOT (ueah, spelled just like that) is the word of the year. It’s similar to yehey or yahoo, an expression of joy or something to that effect. Now, it’s up to you to process this useless piece of information.

Today, December 14, we also remember the 70th anniversary of the Rape of Nanjing.

No comments: