Wednesday, July 27, 2005

OUCH!


The Reviewer Magazine Editorial Assistant Jesy Flor Alejo sent me this .gif yesterday with a note that said "Just so funny. Some time in my life I actually thought of this already, he he he!"
Well, what can I say. I had a terrible day yesterday (still ongoing at this very moment) wherein my gouty arthritis had me lying in bed for an entire day. I only had my meds late afternoon and three hours after, I was already able to walk without having to cling to the wall or hold on to the banister.
Pathetic sight for a former runner, baseball player and yes, Singkil Prince *groans*.
True to form, I am always able to "intellectualize" my painful experiences and storing them as "lessons to remember". As I always tell my colleagues in the healthcare profession, in order to understand patients better, doctors have to feel the pain as it really is.
No, I am not doing an experiement on myself. I am pretty sure Medicine is already past that stage of downing a test tube of bacteria just to prove they were not harmful (not even the "discoverer" of bacteria, Antony van Leeuwenhoek, did it). Just proving a point here that modern-day physicians need not be callous when it comes to entertaining cases brought before them. We are all tired alright but we never lose our humanity, no matter what.
I rest my case. For the meantime, I can't wait to be home and take my COX-2 Inhibitor.

No comments: