Wednesday, January 02, 2008

FAREWELL, YAYA!


Sinona Esguerra,(?) - 2007
Faithful Yaya, Friend, and Family Member

As you may probably know by now, I lost my yaya last December 29. She's had mismanaged Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) for several years now. When she returned to us in 2004, she was being treated for asthma but in April of 2007 when I had her checked up, it turned out that there was no asthma at all but rather, CHF.

I really do not have much to say as of this moment except to thank everyone who attended the cremation, as well as those who rushed to the house upon hearing the news. We also make special mention of a blogger friend, S, who sent money before for her treatment and to M.S. for helping with the bills.

We were alone at home, and she expired in my arms. Two deaths in a year in my household. That's more than I could possibly bear at the moment.

I pray to God that He, in his infinite mercy, put Nana Noning in the presence of His Grace for all eternity, that He take care of her in more ways than I could possibly do when she was still on earth.

She was very good to us, to me. We didn't deserve her. We are forever thankful and will remember her fondly as long as we live.

2 comments:

undiscussablerealms said...

this is really shocking and sad. i didn't know. i've been meaning to visit your site but got busy packing.

i'm so sorry for your loss. i should have e-mailed. i thought maybe if she needed anything, you'd e-mail me. i really wanted to help her visit her relatives. because i knew it would make her happy.

gosh. i'm really really sad about this.

GENIUS IS JUST ANOTHER MOUSE! said...

Hi, Selina. Don't worry much. I comfort myself with the thought that she is in a much better place now.

Once again, thank you so much for your help. Will remember it forever and will be grateful all the rest of my life. :-)