Monday, August 22, 2005

ENOUGH


(Photo courtesy of www.inq7.net)

There's really a limit to destruction and this is one of those which gets my goat (enough to cut short my holiday from blogging). While I have been a fan of the City of our Affections, I haven't been as kind to the destructive policies of Manila Mayor Lito Atienza.

Perhaps the Mayor should take inspiration from the fact the Manila was home to Southeast Asia's first botanical garden (the Mehan, now lost) and should do all he could to replicate what Tokyo has done to the Todoroki Gorge - a haven for flora, fauna, and people in one of the world's busiest cities.

Kim Atienza, in a letter to me a few months back, promised to work hard with his father to make my second home more livable. Perhaps it's about time I take him up to task for that promise.

No comments: