Tuesday, October 06, 2009

HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDE!

I know that I haven't written much - nay, anything! - for so long that it's already depressing for the lack of some sort of creative output. I have forgotten to paint, draw, take photos, write. I miss my old self.

I may not have told you but I have enrolled in the gym. I did it last July (by sheer boredom, I realized I was having my precious card swiped within 10 minutes of the marketing spiel) but I think it has been one of the most important life decisions I've made lately. You know too well how long I've suffered from gout. Almost what, 8 years or so? I have decided that I will walk - and will want to continue walking - in my old age if and when I get to that point. For now, I just really want to be healthier.

Since my operation last March of 2004, I have ballooned to 220 lbs, then lost 10lbs during a recent bout with the unknown (some bloody viral infection that went away after it got a whiff of Boracay air) and then swinging back to where it was before - oh, plus interest.

Last time i weighed in at the gym, I lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks (and after 4 trainer sessions) so if my mathematics is right, there should be some form of exponential loss of 10 lbs a month if i continue to be serious.

It can get lonely just being there all by your lonesome with no rah-rah crowd so if you care to, please send me some form of encouragement. A month's supply of low-fat yogurt, perhaps? LOL.

2 comments:

Stephen G. Borja said...

rah, rah, rha, junie!
go, be small, tummy!
:-p

Stephen G. Borja said...

rah, rah, rah, junie!
go, be small, tummy!